The month of June is an ideal time to get away before the mad Summer holidays rush in the UK and while holidays abroad are starting to heat up temperature wise. Follow our suggestions below for a fab holiday away in June 2011.
1. Greece – an ideal time to visit Greece and the Greek Islands as temperatures are in the late 20C’s but not too hot. There’s plenty of historical and cultural sightseeing to be found and many beautiful beaches and coastlines to admire and relax on. Take a week off and relax on the romantic island of Santorini watching the amazing sunset go down at the end of a long day subathing, or instead of sticking to one greek island indulge in some bit of Greek Island hopping and incorporate a few of your favourite greek islands along the way. History lover? Why not visit Athens on a short break or as part of your greece holiday and experience the beauty and wonder of the Acropolis and the amazing attractions to be found here.
2. Portugal/Azores – Portugal’s temperatures are in the 20C’s right now and pleasantly warm, but not too hot. In the Azores the flowers are in full bloom and create a beautiful array of colours everywhere you go. Visit the ‘Yellow Island’ of Santa Maria and witness the stunning colours or take a week off and explore the Algarve with its meditteranean climate and long stretches of beach, not too busy yet with tourists.
3. Canary Islands – Canary Island Holidays are proving very popular this year as UK tourists return to the favoured islands of Tenerife, Fuerteventura, Lanzarote and Gran Canaria in particular. Offering warm temperatures and guaranteed sunshine, these islands are also great value for money at the moment with plenty of last minute holidays on offer in many resorts. Stay on the stunning coastline of Los Gigantes in Tenerife, sunbathe on the wonderful beaches of Fuerteventura or party the night away in Playa de Las Americas (Tenerife) or Playa del Ingles (Gran Canaria). Take the family for a night out in Costa Teguise (Lanzarote) ans sample the local cuisine and nightlife. However you choose to spend your holiday there’s plenty on offer in the Canaries.
4. Turkey – A firm favourite with UK holidaymakers last year, Turkey continues to offer great value for money for holidaymakers both on the price of holidays and also whilst in resort. As Turkey has a typically meditteranean climate the temperatures there in June are in the mid/high 20C’s again, building up to 30C in the hot months of July/August. Aswell as beautiful beaches and stunning coastlines, Turkey holidays offer a wealth of ancient sites and attractions to visit (2 of the 7 wonders of the world are located in Turkey), boat trips and even mud baths. For variety and value Turkey holidays are a very good bet.
5. Thailand – Between June and October Thailand is wetter than the hot preceding months but there is still sunshine every day and the temperature is warm and much nicer for some than the hot summer months of February to May. Deals can be found during the month of June due to the increased rainfall but temperatures actually rarely drop below 30C throughout the year so this may be welcomed by many! There are many holiday resorts in Thailand catering for the UK traveller with a wide choice of accommodation types. Places such as Ko Samui and Phuket cater well for tourists and offer modern amenities set on stunning pure white sand beaches against jungle backdrops.
6. Spain – Spain has returned as a firm favourite for holidays this year as holidaymakers look for destinations with political stability, shorter flying times and guaranteed sun. There’s plenty of holiday offers around as operators compete for the last minute holidays market as people leave booking their Summer holidays until up to a week before departure. The Meditteranean coastal areas of Costa Brave, Costa Blanca, Costa Del Sol, Costa Dorada and Costa Almeria are undoubtedly the most popular areas with resorts such as Benidorm seeing a popularity rise partly due to the recent sitcom in the UK. If you can’t travel in June and you’re planning on booking hotels during the school summer holidays instead (July/August) do so well in advance as it’s already looking very busy in the peak months.
7. Balearic Islands – The islands of Majorca (Mallorca), Menorca and Ibiza are always popular during the months of June, July and August as they offer plenty of things to do, great beaches, lively nightlife and cater well for couples and families on holiday alike. Temperatures in June are usually in the mid 20C’s making these islands ideal destinations for June holidays. Majorca in itself is one of the most popular tourist destinations not just for UK holidaymakers but for tourists from all over Europe. There are fewer tourists in early June and outside of the peak Summer months of July and August so you may be lucky enough to find a great deal if you look now.
HolidayHoliday.co.uk advertises holidays from all of the destinations featured, just use our hoilday search to find the best deal for you.